We put together a list of frequently asked questions from some of our customers. Please don't hesitate to contact us (support@DoubleUpRoller.com) if you have any additional questions or requests. We would love to hear from you, and we will respond promptly.
Does DoubleUP Roller have a warranty?
- YES! We stand by all of our products with a 2-year warranty. Please see our Warranty Page for more details.
Are returns allowed?
- How do you know if you'll like something new unless you try it, right? We know you'll love DoubleUP Roller once you try it, so to give you peace of mind, we offer a 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. Please see our Return Policy for more information.
Why is it better to roll standing up?
- Traditional foam rollers require you to get down onto the ground into awkward positions to reach each muscle group. You are also putting nearly your full body weight onto the roller. In some cases, that is a painful amount of pressure, and in other cases (like calves), that isn't enough pressure. We created DoubleUP to avoid all of these issues.
- By standing up and using the force-multiplying levers instead of gravity, you have complete control of your rolling pressure.
- You can also quickly move DoubleUP from one area to another without having to reposition your entire body.
- DoubleUP can also reach areas that are difficult to treat with traditional foam rollers, like the adductors (inner thigh).
- Stand-up rolling requires a lot less floor space so you can use it almost anywhere.
- Traditional foam rolling requires a clean, smooth, dry surface to roll on, but with DoubleUP you can roll no matter where you are.
- Standing also enables you to roll while wearing almost any type of clothing so you can use it any time without changing into gym clothes.
Won't my leg muscles be flexed while I am standing up?
- In most cases, you simply want to put most of your weight on your opposite leg while you roll your relaxed leg. This will allow you to roll deep into your relaxed muscle. There are some treatment cases where you intentionally flex your muscles while rolling. Please consult your medical professional about these cases or feel free to reach out to us for guidance from our medical professionals.
Can I use DoubleUP while sitting?
- Yes, you can even use DoubleUP while sitting to roll some areas. Sitting is ideal to roll your feet and your arms. In order to comfortably reach certain areas like your upper thigh, glutes, and hip flexors, it is best to stand up.
How should I use DoubleUP Roller?
- For detailed and easy-to-follow instructions, please see our series of How-To Videos. If you have specific questions after reviewing the videos, please feel free to email us.
How long should I roll?
- That depends on your goals. Since DoubleUP's dual rollers treat two areas at once, and since you can move DoubleUP between each muscle group very quickly and easily, your rolling time with DoubleUP will typically be much shorter compared to traditional rollers. For example, getting your legs loosened up as part of your warm-up routine may only require 1-2 minutes of rolling. For treating specific issues, please contact your medical professional for advice, or feel free to email us and one of our medical experts can provide some guidance.
How much pressure should I apply?
- That also depends on your goals and the state of your muscles. If you are sore, most people will want to roll gently to increase circulation to begin to relieve the soreness. If you have a stubborn knot, some users will use one of our firm rollers and gradually build up to significant amount of pressure to the point of feeling some "good pain" in order to release the knot.
Do I need to be an athlete to use DoubleUP?
- Definitely not! We initially designed DoubleUP to help people who were unwilling or unable to use existing types of rollers. At the same time, we always had athletes in mind to make sure the product met their needs as well. The force multiplying handles don't require much effort in order to get a deep roll. And hard-core athletes can squeeze harder to get as deep as they need into their muscles.
Is DoubleUP Roller approved for travel?
- Yes - just like any other workout gear. Our customers have successfully traveled with DoubleUP in their carry-on to both domestic and international events.
Which rollers are best for deep tissue massage?
- LoosenUP (ribbed) and BreakUP (bumpy) are our two firmest rollers, and they can be used to simulate a variety of deep tissue massage techniques. Our medium density TuneUP roller is also effective for deep tissue massage. With a little bit more of a squeeze on the force-multiplying handles, you can still get a deep roll with TuneUP.
Which roller is best for myofascial release?
- Most of our customers prefer the BreakUP (bumpy) roller for myofascial release. We designed the finger-sized bumps specifically to dig deep into large muscle groups. Some customers prefer the ridges on the LoosenUP (ribbed) roller, since it allows them to target specific spots very precisely. So try them both and see what works best for you.
Which roller is best for trigger point therapy?
- Most of our customers prefer to use the deep ridge of the LoosenUP (ribbed) roller to isolate trigger points. It is a firm ridge that can be placed on a very specific spot in order to apply deep pressure to relieve trigger points.
How do I care for my DoubleUp Roller?To best safeguard your DoubleUP Roller:
- Avoid getting sand or dirt in any of the moving parts.
- Do not immerse in water.
- Avoid leaving the product outside exposed to the elements.
- Wipe clean with a dry towel or a damp cloth as needed.
- Do not use abrasives or harsh chemicals for cleaning.
- Transport DoubleUP and the accessory rollers in the provided padded carrying bag to help protect the product.
- Store the entire kit indoors and out of the reach of children and pets.
Can I order additional rollers?
- YES! Some customers like to have a matching pair of one or all of our three special rollers, so we offer single and 3-packs for sale from our accessories page: DoubleUP Accessories.